Monday 2 February 2009

Winter Wonderland

The forecasters got it mostly right, it has snowed. There wasn't as much in Wycombe as I'd expected, the only fun thing to do when Olga got up at 5.45 this morning was to open the curtains and see how much snow had fallen. When I took Mishka out, it was probably about 3 or 4cm, and it wasn't snowing hard.
However, by the time we'd dropped Olga off at the station and got down into Marlow (slowly!) this was the view of the nursery school car park at 8am:

It's never that deserted, although the tyre tracks give away that there have been cars here this morning. I had to hang around for a few minutes with Lara for the nursery to make sure they'd have enough staff to cover all the children, but it seems they do.

I was first to work, for a change, but I don't have a key to get in (because I'm never first in!) so I had to get a breakfast roll and coffee from Subway and wait for the local workers to walk in, it was only a 15 minute wait. So far, as of 9.30am, I'm the only person who's made it in in a car, and the snow is falling heavily.


I might take the camera out in to the back garden and let Mishka play around at lunchtime, that always makes a good photograph!

No comments: