Thursday 7 February 2008

Things I still don't like - BUSES!

Last night should have been cricket nets night. I missed it last week so I was all set to go last night, not even the England v Switzerland game was going to make me miss it. I checked the bus timetable - the 800 due to pass through Marlow about 1715, so I got to the bus stop at probably 1714, having walked for three or four minutes along the route of the bus, without it passing me.
Anyway, sure enough, no sign of it! 3 buses went the other way in the 50 minutes I was waiting until the next bus arrived (10 minutes late...). Suffice it to say I was very cold and annoyed by the time I got home at 6.20, rather than 5.30. I would have to leave home at 7pm to make the start of nets, and I just couldn't face rushing to make tea, eat it and get changed, nevermind spend some time with Olga and Lara. As it happens Olga had made me anyway, bless her cotton socks, but I just wasn't in the mood and sat down to play with Lara and watch the game anyway. I was thinking of composing a rude and sarcastic email to the boss of Arriva, but after a large whiskey and once the footy started, I couldn't be bothered to do that either. Next time, Mr Arriva!!

Just to rub it in, this morning, as I was driving to work, the morning bus to Marlow pulled out in front of me from my stop (absolutely dead on time to the minute, it had been 5 minutes late when I got it yesterday morning) and crawled up the hill at 10 mph. If I'd not nipped past it round Handy Cross roundabout, I'd have been stuck behind it most of the way to Marlow! They annoy me when I need to use them and even now have annoyed me when I don't need to use them!! Arrgghhhhh.

No comments: