Sunday 3 February 2008

Half-time, NY Giants 3 - 7 NE Patriots

Well, it's Superbowl night, and I do like watching the build-up and the kick off, but tonight it's even quite exciting to watch the game, and I did make the effort to buy some hot dog sausages and buns, so I'm seeing how long I can last. The half-time show is by Tom Petty, I wouldn't have been able to name any of his songs until he started singing "American Girl", which I recognised, but that's been it so far. Not a patch on the 2002 Superbowl, which had U2 singing Beautiful Day with a big screen behind them, scrolling up the names of the victims of 9/11. I liked that so much I bought the DVD of that Superbowl on eBay!
We had a lovely time at Ant'n'Bec'n'Eve's yesterday afternoon for Anton's birthday, although being beaten by the Welsh at rugby took the shine off. At least Liverpool won!
Betweem Olga, Lucy and me we blitzed the housework today, so the place is looking vaguely presentable. Just in time for Mishka to decide to rip up his favourite towel and leave shreads of it all over the place.

Oh, one thing I learnt today - it's Pancake Day on Tuesday. They've kept that quiet. The shelves in Tesco Express were still fully stocked with batter mix and lemon juice, so I stocked up on a couple of packets of mix. At least it doesn't mean I have to think of what will be for dinner on Tuesday!

Tom Petty's played three more songs and I might have recognised one of them. Am I too old? Looking at him, I'm probably not old enough!

No comments: