Saturday 26 January 2008

Things I've Liked and Not Liked

An update on Arriva Buses - they were in my bad books again for making me wait 25 minutes one morning this week, but then in the evening I had to run for the bus home. If I was being cynical, I would say that the bus was early, which is even more unforgivable than it being late, but seeing as I did actually catch it, and I'm not cynical, I'll give them the benefit of the doubt and say that it was exactly on time :-)

I also can't decide if I like being so busy at work or not. I've had one of the busiest weeks I can remember this week, mostly getting ready for my trip to Oslo on Monday and Tuesday. Obviously it's good to be busy rather than have no work to do, but this has almost been too busy, given that I would have preferred to get home at 5.15 so I can play with Lara a little, rather than 7pm and then I have to bathe her straight away and put her to bed. It's interesting work, which helps, and challenging, and I'm on top of it, which makes the hard work worthwhile. But then I would prefer less work and more time at home!

I like that I can do some of this work from home, which means I don't have to go into the office at the weekend, well, not until tomorrow. Modern technology - couldn't live without it!

Football update - I like that Bury are drawing 0-0 with Southampton at half-time, and I also like that the online commentary has just left the microphone on so I can hear the half-time entertainment at the ground, as if I were there, without the hassle of getting cold or queuing for my pie! Lara & Olga are here listening too!
In a masochistic way I like that Havant are giving Liverpool a game at Anfield, it was so predictable!

No comments: