Monday 14 January 2008

Hooray for ASDA


I've been turning in Victor Meldrew for some time, so a piece on the news this morning was right up my street. Asda are bringing in fines for people who park in disabled and parent & child spaces when they are not entitled to. About bl*ody time! It had bugged me before we had Lara, but since she was born we've been to Asda in High Wycombe three times with her and only once did we get a parent & child space, and that was the last one, and it was at 10.30 at night! I don't believe for one second that all the other cars there were parents with children. I've been ready to have a moan at the next selfish driver I encountered who parked where they shouldn't, fully expecting a load of abuse back, but now I can just report them and watch them get fined. Actually I'm not that bothered about them getting fined and having to pay the £60 (although the profit goes to charity) but at least Asda will have people out there actively shoo-ing people out of spaces.
Here's the full story: http://www.asda-press.co.uk/pressrelease/151

No comments: