Friday 11 January 2008

Nearly the weekend at last

This has felt like a long week. As early as Tuesday I was looking forward to Friday, and it's finally here. We need to take the Christmas decorations down now, we felt we were justified in leaving them up past 12th Night on the grounds we were still celebrating Russian Christmas, but even that has passed now.
There seems so much to do at the moment, beyond just looking after Lara's normal daily needs. I need to finish the summerhouse, dog-proof the garden (Mishka has taken to being the Neighbourhood Watch Dog now and jumps onto the garage roof, which means he's very close to being able to escape into the street), hang the pictures we've had framed, sort out various wardrobes, organise all our holiday photos and videos on our PC, and make sure Olga feels like the Princess she deserves to be (Ola - you come first!!)
You can tell we're busy at the moment from the lack of new photographs I've uploaded. This weekend - Sunday - I promise! Tomorrow is already booked up with those jobs I mentioned (oh, if the weather's nice tomorrow morning we're all going on a big family walk, then I'll do those jobs!) then we're going to Reading to celebrate Simon L's birthday. Hopefully we'll bump into Ant'n'Bec'n'Eve too and compare nappy-changing frequency.
Lara is being all funny about her sleeping habits again. One night she set a personal best by sleeping from 11pm till 4.30am, and we thought we'd cracked it, then the next night she was up almost every hour having a little feed. It did mean that one morning I was downstairs with Lara from 5.30 and I was able to watch a film I'd Sky-plussed eight or nine months ago!
We've decided it's not collic that keeps Lara awake, as one of the symptoms of that is that she can't relieve trapped wind. Trust me, if there was an Olympic event for relieving trapped wind, Lara would be leading out the GB team at the London Games, aged 4 1/2. It's a good job they've banned smoking in pubs, as you wouldn't want a naked flame near her within 30 minutes of her having eaten.

So, it's time to go home and do one of those jobs I didn't list earlier - finish programming the Universal Remote Control I bought on eBay to control all the electrical things in the lounge. The main reason was to control the wireless media streamer - Mishka ate the remote control for that 6 months ago....

No comments: