Sunday 28 February 2010

A quiet, yet busy, week

The lack of posts this week gives away that not a lot has happened, most days have been the same - Lara sleeping well, waking between 6.30 and 7.30, us busy at work, Lara playing at nursery, then a quiet night in front of the Winter Olympics coverage. We're big fans of snowboard and ski cross now, I've learnt to appreciate figure skating a little more (although I still don't understand how Robin Cousins spots the difference between a triple toe loop and triple salko). Much respect went to the Canadian figure skater Joannie Rochette, who continued to compete after her mother died from a heart attack in the middle of the Games, and she deserved the standing ovations (and bronze medal) that she received.
I'm writing this in the break between the second and final periods of the men's ice hockey final between Canada and the USA, and Canada are winning 2-1, and I do hope they hold on and win. I'm sure the Candian coach is giving an Al Pacino "Any Given Sunday"-esque team talk right now (a great flim, if you've not seen it).
This weekend has been focussed on getting some jobs done, Mishka has been stripped, which is always a two-day job, and I've been repairing the fencing in the back garden to try and keep Jackson enclosed. I've not finished it though, so Olga will finish it tomorrow - she's taking a day off!

No comments: