Thursday 10 July 2008

Audio Books...


I'm trying out a new way to keep myself entertained when I'm walking Mishka - I've borrowed an audio book from the library, ripped it to my PC and then copied it to my phone, and I listen to it as I would any other music file (of course I'll be deleting the book from my PC and phone once I return the CDs to the library, I wouldn't infringe copyright law!!).
So, this all went swimmingly on Tuesday morning, Robert Hardy (of All Creatures Great and Small fame) was reading Patrick O'Brian's The Far Side of the World. It wasn't till ten minutes and three "tracks" into the book that I had to stop to tidy up after Mishka, and I realised I'd not been paying attention and decided to replay the last track to refresh my memory. It was only then that I looked at my phone and saw I'd been listening to track 9, not track 3... yup, I'd left the "Random" setting active. The more worrying thing was I'd not noticed!

No comments: