Friday 23 November 2007

Who needs Business Class?


The flight home on Tuesday was mostly uneventful; BA has introduced "on demand" video now for Economy passengers, which is great, you can choose your film or TV programme from a very long list (probably 30 or so films and 20 TV programmes) and you can start it when you like and pause it when you need the loo / a drink / a snooze.
Apart from me putting my still-turned-on mobile phones in my hold luggage rather than my hand luggage when I checked in - I owned up to this and the Chief Steward checked with Biggles in the cockpit and was assured the plane wouldn't fall out of the sky - everything was hunky-dorey until we tried to land at Heathrow. The cloud cover was very low, and we ended up having to abort our landing. Biggles came on the intercom to say it was a combination of us turning in for our approach too early and they aircraft in front of us not clearing the runway quickly enough. It was all very exciting, but just meant that even more passengers were desperate for the loo when we finally made it to the gate.
So, why is Jeremy Bowen's mush staring out at the top of this post, I hear you ask. Well, he was on the flight too, in Business Class I assume. I was standing next to him at the baggage reclaim for 25 minutes (why is it your bags can travel 2000 miles in 4 and a half hours but then take 25 minutes to travel half a mile?), and my bag arrived before his. Ha! There is justice. He's planning to go to America on Sunday, using his spare passport, which is the one he used to go to Cairo, in case you're wondering what his plans are for next week. The things you learn by listening to other people's mobile phone conversations.
Then it was home for a snooze and Tuesday night's Ante-Natal class.

No comments: