Sunday 18 November 2007

Waiting around

It's 6pm on Sunday in Cairo and i'm hanging around in reception at the client's office, waiting for three Italian gents to finish their meeting so we can share a lift in the company car back to the hotel. I've already been halfway there in one car, before the driver understood he'd taken me to the wrong Sofitel, and rather than take me to the right one, then go back to the office and get the three Italians, then go to our Sofitel again, he's brought me back here to wait. For an hour and a quarter. Oh well, it's not like I've got anything else to do!
The job's gone very well, despite me oversleeping yesterday morning and keeping the driver waiting for 20 minutes. The hotel really is very posh, I'm on the 'executive' floor, I couldn't resist the whole rom service thing last night, although I didn't do the James Bond thing and order the beluga caviar (£90) and champagne (the cheapest was £250 a bottle). I just went for the beef medallions at £15 and a bottle of egyptian rose. Yup, it was as bad as you are thinking! I'll let the client treat me to something european tonight seeing as i'm working up a thirst just sitting here.

Well, thanks for helping me pass half an hour. Hopefully there aren't too many mistakes, it's very fiddly typing on this pda!

No comments: