Friday 23 November 2007

The Crooners


Instead of watching the football on Wednesday evening, Olga & I went to see Chris & Cara sing at Borlaise School in Marlow. They've secretly been attending singing classes this autumn and this was their "passing out" concert. Each member of the class sang one song, and then there was a team rendition of the good old Timewarp.
Cara sang Somewhere Out There, from An American Tail, and Chris sang "The Way You Look Tonight" by Jerome Kern and Dorothy Fields (never heard of them? Me neither, and nor had Chris, but it has been sung by Frank Sinatra, Tony Bennett, Michael Buble, Rod Stewart, Bing Crosby...). They were both very brave, there must have been 200 people in the audience, and I'm no expert but they sounded great. Once I get it the OK from them, I'll load the videos I took up to YouTube and put a link on here.
No Royalties will be payable, guys!

No comments: