Thursday 1 May 2008

The football - oh well, never mind

There was an upside from the Liverpool match last night - I found out our local pub, the Wendover Arms, must be under new ownership and, far from being turned into flats, is being turned into a nice pub. They have Sky (albeit I'm not convinced it's the "Pub-legal" type) and they almost had Marlow's Rebellion beer (it had run out).
I dashed down there after the end of Normal Time to watch Extra Time; I wouldn't have minded really if Lampard had scored the winner, but that blinking Drogba had to have the last word, didn't, although I will admit that both his goals were well taken. Lampard deserves to be in the Final after taking that penalty after the week he's had, and I'll be supporting Chelsea in the Final - I couldn't support ManU against another English club, could I? And then at least we'd have been beaten by the team that won the competition!
There's always next season...

No comments: