Tuesday 31 January 2012

"Back" to normal, nearly, and Olga's bump

After 10 days on codeine painkillers and anti-inflammatories, my back has recovered sufficiently to allow me to put my socks on in less than 5 minutes. I had last week off work (as much as you can when you work from home, between my laptop and phone I was never far from my emails) as I simply couldn't sit at my desk for more than 5 minutes without the pain becoming unbearable.
The GP has referred me to a local Sports Physician - Dr Philip Bell - who happened to be the England Cricket Team Doctor between 1996 and 2001, so it's just down to my medical insurance company to decide that because my back hurt 5 years ago they might not cover me for this next treatment. Bit like saying they won't cover me for a brain tumour because I had a headache once. We'll wait and see what their decision is.
I was sensible and chose to not take part in last week's LGCC Cricket Nets, but I'll give it a try tomorrow, although I'll try to take it a bit easy and not bowl at 100 mph like I normally do ;-)

Olga is as well as she could be. I'd describe her bump as more like a mound now, but she's coping fantastically with it, and whenever I stop for a minute and take a proper look at her, or she puts my hand on it to feel him kick & punch, I get a wave of excitement and can't wait for him to arrive. Olga's 32 weeks exactly today, 8 more weeks to go - on paper at least - so we'll be on full alert from 36 weeks. Bags are already packed...




In other news, we've reduced the asking price on the house to something more sensible, and we had 3 viewings on Saturday, with another one due next Saturday afternoon, so it would be typical if we sold the house and agreed to move just as Olga goes into labour.
Finally, we submitted our choices for Lara's school before the deadline in the middle of January. We'd only visited two of the three schools, but the one we didn't see is our third choice anyway. To be honest we'll be happy if she gets into any one of them, but we voted separately on the order we'd choose, and both of us agreed on the 1-2-3, which was reassuring.

No comments: