Sunday 7 August 2011

Need to get back in the habit of posting!

Wow, I am really out of practise with posting on here, I apologise!
Olga has been away in Kazakhstan for a week, and has another week to go. This has meant Baba Luda and I are busier than normal with the house and Lara.
Lara has a friend at nursery who only lives a few doors up from us in Wycombe, and the girls have been visiting each other's houses to play, and last Sunday Lara and I, and Zoe and her mum went fruit picking at a local -pick-your-own farm. It was the first time I've done that, and whilst the fruit is more expensive than buying it at the supermarket, it was a lovely way to pass a few hours with Lara and it supports a local business, so we'll definitely do it again once Olga is back. I even made my first ever jam from the strawberries we collected! I don't  like to blow my own trumpet, but even I noticed how tasty it is, and probably by luck more than skill the consistency is about right.
Lara is, well, Lara. She makes me laugh with the things she says (on the way home from nursery: "Papa, when can I get a tatoo?") and her intelligence, particularly her memory, astounds me. Today we visited Homebase in Wycombe after having a little picnic in the park, and she remembered that we'd been to that same Homebase two weeks ago, and that we bought baskets of flowers (I'd bought some hanging baskets for the garden, aren't I the softy type!). Maybe it's normal for a three and a half year to remember things like that in detail, but I'm still impressed.
She's waking almost like clockwork at 6.40am now, and sometimes she'll lie in bed and shout for someone to come and get her up, but more and more she's getting up herself and coming into our room. We can send her back to her room and she'll get herself dressed, which makes our mornings easier!

No comments: