Sunday 23 January 2011

Next stop - Tour de France

I took Lara to the park today with her bike; she's not been on it for at least 6 months, probably more, but somehow she knew how to ride it. Last time she basically sat on it and we pushed her, but today she told me "put my helmet on, put my feet on the pedals, and hold the handles", and she could ride confidently (so long as we didn't go uphill, then she needed a push). After we got home I asked Olga if she had taken Lara out on her bike and shown her how to ride, but she hadn't. We asked Lara if she had cycled at nursery, and she said no, and we've not seen any bikes there, so we can only think that she has picked it up off the TV, as plenty of the characters in the cartoons she watches ride bikes. Anyway, it was great to see and will make trips out all the more interesting now, as we won't have to "helicopter" over her while she's on her bike in the park:



No comments: